When V falls asleep at night, she likes to talk about the people she knows and loves. We have little conversations about these people. When we talk about Emily, we talk about how Emily likes to say, "Yeah!" Tonight, V came up with the Emily sentence (if you can call it that) on her own. She said, "Emily," and then she laughed--chuckled, I guess, would be a more accurate description. Then she said, "Emily, yeah." She repeated this a few times, laughing and smiling each time. V knows what the word say means, but she has never used it in a sentence. I guess this is as close it she comes for now. I suppose I am struck not just by the quasi-sentence she made, but also by the idea that she is able to talk about something that is so abstract; Emily moved back to the States about four months ago. I guess V misses her. Actually, so do I!
V has already learned an important lesson: good friends are the salt of the earth.
We love that Vera! I cannot believe she is not even 2 yet and remembers Emily from 4 months ago. SOMEDAY they will meet again. And yes, could not agree more that good friends are the salt of the earth.
ReplyDelete