I never knew that V knew this word, but a few minutes ago, she pointed with great excitement and started repeating, "Spindel, spindel!" to her pappa. Sure enough, there was a spider crawling across the floor. This was a first; we don't usually get much wildlife up in our fourth floor city apartment.
Her new favorite question, as of a week or so, is "What's that?" She probably says this to me a hundred times a day. And I know that this phase will continue for at least a few years, so I'd best prepare myself for that. She also knows the counterpart in Swedish and Finnish: "Mikä tämä on?" to her Finnish speaking people, and "Vad är det där?" in Swedish.
Just wait until the why questions start! :) Raymond has not had as many of them recently but that has been a looonngggg phase for us. My old pediatrician warned me about the "how" phase. That should be fun but at least we have the internet to research crazy kid questions!
ReplyDeleteOr we could just try to make up some answers and see how much we can screw them up. :-)
ReplyDelete