Seriously, I am not making this up: today V mimicked when I pointed out a ladybug in her new book, and she said it perfectly. I was astonished. We are onto monosyllables!
I wrote a while back about how I thought she uttered what I thought might be a sentence, even though it was clearly not intentional on her part at this stage. She now says a nearly complete sentence on a routine basis: Want dat, which means, of course "I want that." The subject, the books say, will come much, much later. Personal pronouns are among the last of the grammatical elements that children master.
Here is a list of the words she uses regularly at this stage: ljus ('light' in Swedish), lamppa ('lamp' in Swedish), hej ('hello' in Swedish), baby, bye-bye, Daddy, Mamma, woof, nose, apple, duck, ball, banana, fish, bread, woof, dat ('that'), toes, and what seems to be kiss and book. Not a bad start!
No comments:
Post a Comment