Yesterday was the first day when V officially said mamma. I was putting her down to bed and she didn't want to go down yet, so she let out a pathetic and whiny "Maaaammmmaaaaa!" Now the word is firmly etched: she has used it already several times this morning.
She has already been saying dadda for a while, maybe a couple of weeks. This is not random; this really is what she calls her dad. She also knows what pappa means, she just doesn't say it.
Other new words in the past couple of days are apple and uh-oh.
I have to write this just because I think it's funny: Yesterday V was with us for our brunch group, and she spilled a bit of milk just as the server set it on the table. When the server bent down to wipe it up, V started patting her on the head and smiling, as if to say "I'm sorry."
Her most useful word, by far, continues to be bread. She uses this word to her advantage at restaurants, cafes, the dinner table, etc. It's a word that really seems to pay off for her; that is, the girl gets lots of bread.
No comments:
Post a Comment